Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Friday, March 14, 2008

Lungar Gupp XXXVIII

1. Posting Fever. The constant buzz these days is regarding postings. And all is quiet on the 'Western Front'. Guys at Mumbai are fed up of answering queries to which they have no answers. Rumours are that only need based transfers may be effected. My friend Goyal has also represented for a posting back to New Delhi on 'extreme compassionate grounds'. He is even willing to proceed at his own expense if the Bank relents. Further, it is learnt that Capt Sinha is reporting to Chennai office on 28 March 2008 (Chennai has been 'flooded' with Security Officers - a case of 'too many cooks' - and no broth to cook ! What luck !!)
2. Aimol's Message. I was pleased to read a message from Aimol which he sent me on joining Vinay Cements. Wishing him all the best, I am reproducing the same for information of all our colleagues :
" I reported to my new office today and took up the appointment. It was really exciting. The first day went off coolly. I realised only on joining that I've been placed at a very high level/grade. In the company's hierarchy M-1 is GM, M-2 is DGM, senior managers/managers are in M-3. I've been placed at M-2. So, many senior officers in Marketing/sales/HR here are junior to me in Grade. There's only one M-1 officer here, and I am the only officer in M-2. The rest come in M-3. What a raise sir.. from Asst Manager to DGM! Anyway it's all by God's grace that I got this opportunity. I humbly accepted the Scorpio and other accessories."
3. Lien to Maj R.M.Bade, CPP. Bade is expecting to be relieved at the close of office hours today and will take up his new assignment with 'Nokia' at a location near Chennai on 17 March 2008. He is surely a lucky bloke to have got permission for maintaining a lien on the Bank. All the best to him too !!
4. The 'Tribe' is on the Wane. As per the latest seniority list of Security Officers there will be a total of 91 officers in all grades in the Bank as on 01 April 2008 (including two who have proceeded on lien). The breakup will be as follows : GM - 1, DGMs - 3, AGMs - 6, Managers - 37, AMs - 44. Do correct me if my calculations are wrong. The strength of AMs will go up as and when the 26 vacancies are filled up.