Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Friday, June 20, 2008

Asia Crisis and Security Group (ACSG) Meeting

I had the opportunity to attend the ACSG Bangalore Meeting which was held yesterday (19 June 2008) at the offices of JP Morgan. I could attend this meeting thanks to an invitation from a friend who is a member of the group. Log on to http://acsgroup.org/ to know more about the ACSG.
The event was scheduled in the afternoon followed by drinks and dinner. Three presentations/discussions were held which covered BPO security best practices, a talk on terrorism and local crime overview and an overview of 'Project Sahyog' which is the Mumbai version of Police-Private sector cooperation.
This event also provided an opportunity for me to meet and interact with security professionals from the BPO industry and MNCs. Some senior and well known luminaries in the security fraternity were also present. I met a lot of people with whom I was already acquainted and one of them was Ratnakar Bade from Nokia. It seems he is having a good time at Nokia (judging by his girth and jowls !!). Well he was spouting a whole lot of 'new' jargon and also gave me some 'gyan' regarding taking tips on how to prepare for transition from public to private sector. On being told that I would do the needful when I get a call from some organization he quoted a proverb in Hindi
" जब प्यास लगेगी तब कुआँ खोदोगे क्या ?" Point taken Ratnakar - will do the needful !!