Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Friday, November 14, 2008

Diamond Jubilee Celebrations in the Paltan

My paltan (6/8 GR) celebrated its Diamond Jubilee of raising at Dehradun from 02 to 05 November 2008. It coincided with the Battle Honour (Naghun) day which fell on 04 November. I visited the paltan after 21 years and met a lot of officers with whom I had served at various locations. It was a memorable event made possible by the present lot of officers under the able leadership of Col. Ganapathy. It felt like home-coming and all of us were transported back in time. It was fun to watch old timers behave like kids with everyone pulling each others' leg. I am glad that I decided to make the trip to Dehradun for this event with my better half. In retrospect, all I can say is that I wouldn't have missed it for anything in the world. The following pics will tell the story better :
(click on any photo to enlarge it )
Self and Maj DB with the Diamond Jubilee Trophy
Entry in the old visitors' book dated 09 July 1978 -
reporting for the first time.
My Record of Service in the paltan !
At the 'Bar'
Maj DB, Col A.K.Mehta, Col Naithani
and self in the mess
Col Chow, self and Maj DB at the 'Barakhana'
A group photo of the old gang (Khanabal)
Jaiwant, Naithani, Brig Mehta, Col Bones,
self and Maj DB
Signing the 'book' at the Quarterguard !
Chow, Anil, self, Ashwini and Jaiwant at the QG.
A group photo with the Officers & JCOs
Special Sainik Sammelan.
Col V.Ganapathy, the present 'old man' !!
(Full marks to him and his team for the excellent show !)