Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The End of 'अज्ञातवास' !

I had thought of various titles for this post viz : 'Breaking News', 'Arvind Resurfaces', and 'Guests in Oman' but ultimately settled for the one as given above as it seemed the most appropriate. 'अज्ञातवास' means 'exile' (whether forced or self imposed). Well, coming down to the story, I was pleasantly surprised when I got a mail from Capt Arvind Sharma some time back informing me that he and his better half would be visiting Oman around the end of the current month. They arrived on 26 Nov (evening) and I was very excited as they happened to be the first 'guests' I would be playing host to in Oman (Seetu's absence, which was sorely missed, notwithstanding !). We spent half the night exchanging notes catching up on lost time.

Secondly, the whereabouts of Arvind have been a mystery of sorts to all his friends and colleagues of late. His 'resurfacing', thus, is verily an event in itself. Well, let me be the first to break the news - Arvind is presently based in Bahrain. Bahrain is an island kingdom which is a part of the GCC states and is an hour's flying time from Muscat. He has recently landed a damn good job with the Kanoo group . Congratulations Avind and Bravo !!

Another happy event was that 27th Nov happened to be Arvind's birthday - the day when he completed four decades of his life (40 carats). This occasion was celebrated in my house by the three of us and later Arvind treated us to dinner at an Indian restuarant. Following are some photos of the birthday bash and an outing which we enjoyed today (click on the pics to enlarge).

Arvind and me with the 'spread' - pastries & wine !

Arvind 'scored' one by smearing me with pastry.
(It was 'his' day and I got smeared - not done man)
Now the score was even ! Cheers to those who cheer for us !!
Arvind and me with 'Marina Bandar Al Rowdha'
in the background.
Arvind, Anju and myself at the same spot as above.
Photographed on the way back home. Arvind
seems to be emphasizing some moot point !

5 comments:

sm said...

like the pics
good title

Balvinder Balli said...

That's a great news. Yes i was actually wondering where this very friendly young man has disappeared. In fact i was looking for him during our visit to Gangtok in April 2009 (our pictures posted on my face book profile whcih can be accessed from my blog side bar showing my face book badge). He had some set up at kelimpong to which he had earlier thrown an open invitation to visit but never got through to him. And what a resurface. Convey a belated happy birthday and best wishes to him and his family. It fells nice when friends are doing well.

BK Chowla, said...

Very nice pictures. I remember having visited Oman and Bahrain years ago.
It must have changed now for the better.
Happy b'day to your friend Arvind

Capt N.S.Bisht said...

Thanks for your comments gentlemen.

Unknown said...

Nice to know that my good friend Arvind has finally resurfaced. Happy birthday buddy and we wish you success in your new innings.

Capt Neeraj Dobhal