Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Is it a plane, is it a rocket ....or is it a Lamborghini ?

The past weekend, on Saturday, around mid morning I was suddenly jolted from my peaceful existence by a loud engine-revving sound. We normally do not hear any sounds from the road which passes by very close to the place where I stay as people do not blow horns and vehicles generally move past silently. As I hurried to the window to have a peep, I saw a rare sight. There were six Lamborghini Aventador model cars waiting for the signal to turn green. The sound I heard was the collective grunt and sputter of all these cars. I barely had time to shoot a short video before the vehicles whizzed off. I don't think I will ever get to see a similar sight again. Their presence on the road unnerved even the other cars which went helter-skelter, whereas normally they line up in a very disciplined manner before a traffic signal.

This particular model of Lamborghini is a coupe made up of carbon fibre and composite materials, has a monstrous 6.5 litre, V-12 , 42 valve engine which is just short of a rocket when it takes off (0 to 60 mph in just 2.7 seconds). It costs around $ 450,000/- so the collective cost of the cars I saw would be around Rs 18 Crore. These are super cars for the super rich. Here is the short video I shot:


No comments: