Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Taken for a Ride

Following is a harrowing tale which an acquaintance of mine had to undergo recently. This is being circulated at his own request so that we dont land in a similiar situation in future.
Here is some information, that I thought to share with all for future reference. As we all keep travelling internationally for business or leisure. I just had a very pathetic experience with Matrix Cellular (International) Services Pvt. Ltd. They are a cellular rental company and provide international sim cards here in India itself. I got a SIM card issued in the name of my company for UAE (Dubai) number 050-5383587 (SIM Card No. 8997112206660679361) on rent for a period of about10 days. They took all credit card and other details etc. After landing inDubai, we realised that the card is not working and we tried to get in touch with them back in India. We were told that it should work and they are trying. We were also told to switch off and switch on again and again. It was all on International Roaming on my local card. Nothing happened even till the next day. In fact it never worked by the time I landed back. However, I tried to contact the local service provider ETISALAT and I was surprised to note that this card belonged to a company there and they have requested to bar the services as the card went missing sometime ago. And it landed me into a trouble. They asked questions after questions and were trying to find out how did I get it. They never deal with a Mobile rental company. Since I was with a local resident, after taking copies of my passport and all other details they let me go. Well, Matrix Cellular has done nothing since the time and are still trying to find out, how it happened. They were informed about it on the 14th January 2007. On return, I have been trying to speak to their people but not able to get a positive response since either they are on vacation, on tour or holidaying or it was a weekend. I have been trying and telling them to let me the reasons why it did not work but they have no reason as yet. The only thing that they have done is WAIVED OFF the rental. I am so kindly obliged for their gesture for not charging me for possessing the card for 10 days.(The card never worked). One of the executive also called me asking the cardback and did not know at how to speak to a client who is already upset and is not getting a positive response, and banged the phone on me. It is very strange behaviour. I Have also been told that they buy the cards from third party locally inIndia. It is just because of the casual approach. I could not get connected to so many people whom I had circulated the number and were coming from different parts of the world. Had to face a lot of embarrassment. I could have landed into a great trouble, if this is an actually stolen card. Had lot of financial losses since my India roaming was used extensively. Business losses are apart from the above in terms of finance and reputation.It is matter of great frustration and further more the attitude and behaviour of Matrix's representatives. I have no idea that how are they are going to compensate to the above all. But I think, it is my duty to inform all to be careful while getting into a similar situation. So, in the future if you deal with them or such companies please ensure that you do not face such embarrassment and difficulties. The people you deal with should be authentic and genuine. You may not get into trouble while away from your country. Please circulate it to as many as you can so that this may help one and all. Thanking you. Warm Regards, Rajiv MATHUR, Vice PresidentVision Security (India) Pvt. Ltd.5, Mathura Road, Jangpura - A,New Delhi - 110 014,INDIA

No comments: