Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Thursday, August 30, 2007

UP Sainik School, Lucknow - Attention Old Boys !!

This Post is for Fellow Upsainians,
It was indeed a lucky moment for me to find pictures of my school while surfing the net a few years back. I copied them on to my blog later and never thought that this act would help getting in touch with long lost friends and fellow 'Upsainians'. I have very fond memories of the school which I joined in 1968 and left in 1972. My school number was 431 and my house was Tandon House. I plan to recount the tales related to UPSS when I have some more time on my hands in the future.
So any 'old boy' who searched for UP Sainik School on the internet also got my blog address thanks to the pictures and the text posted therein. The biggest surprise was me getting in touch with Rohit Varma (my house type, senior to me in school, but a dear friend) after nearly 27 years. He rang up from New Jersey (US) where he has spent most of his time and we plan to meet when he comes to India next. There is a lot of catching up to do !!
Another one was Suresh Chandra Pandey, (474/Kidwai), who posted a comment on my post 'Fire Training at Nagpur - More Photos' dated 26 March 2007 which I responded. Yet another Upsainian, Ashwini Kumar Tripathi, (938/Shastri), who is also based at Bangalore got in touch with me thanks to the blog. And it was through him that I now have the contact numbers of 9 other 'old boys' in Bangalore. The world is surely a small place !!
So any Upsainian out there (floundering in cyberspace) please get in touch by sending me a mail at nandanbisht@gmail.com

No comments: