Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wall of Fame at RBI, Bangalore !!

Hi Folks,

A 'Wall of Fame' has been established in our office to showcase singular achievements of the employees and their families. An illustrious team of youngsters from our office were the first to be featured on this 'wall' (it is a notice board at present but a suitably impressive 'wall' is on the way courtesy our Estate Dept) for their efforts to bring about financial literacy at grassroots level in the state by scripting and designing stories in 'comic book' style.
Well, at present, yours truly is adorning this 'wall of fame' !! The achievement being Board Certified in Security Management (CPP). Check out the following write up and photograph (double click to enlarge) :

The wall of fame has certainly made me 'famous' in the office. At least folks got an excuse to talk me despite my stern visage which is generally a put-off to many who meet me for the first time. I am on the lookout for a suitable opportunity to thank the management for this excellent idea.

4 comments:

Balvinder Balli said...

It is heartening to learn that some of our offices pay due attention to our achievements also. Such type of positive publicity certainly jacks up the image of our cadre which most of the times takes the beating because of some of our stray misdeeds taking place now and then and because of which every body is made to run around the 'P' Hill( remember the punishment hill of Officers' Training Academy?). Why don't you insist on sending this entry into Without Reserve. Keep it up.

Balli

Capt N.S.Bisht said...

Hi Balli,
Thanks for your encouraging words. You will be seeing my mug yet again in the latest issue of 'Without Resreve' thanks to my office here.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

First of all I’d like to say ‘Congratulations’ on adding a feather(CPP) in your cap. I saw the news in ‘Without Reserve’. It’s indeed a pride for the whole fraternity.

I came to know about your blog from Maj S Avasthi. This blog contains so much of news and useful information, that if you visit this once, you’d surely fall back again and again. Lungar gupp is just great!

I use to think that it’d be nice if the fraternity has a forum where we all can interact and share news/happenings at various centres. Sir, your blog has served that purpose to some extent as it contains so much of news concerning us, and I believe it’ll do more in the future once members of the fraternity start contributing comments/opinions. I feel that we need to assert ourselves more in RBI as a fraternity….. that we can do only when we are united and have a common platform.

Once again ‘Congratulations Sir’ on achieving the coveted CPP. We are inspired by this achievement.

- Maj S S Aimol, Guwahati.

Capt N.S.Bisht said...

Thanks for your kind words Aimol. I have heard about you from Avasthi. Having served at your centre about a decade back I get nostalgic whenever somebody from Guwahati contacts me. What you have mentioned is very relevant but I have noticed that our friends are averse to putting their thoughts in writing. Anyway, its good to know that you found the blog interesting. Thanks a lot.