Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Monday, February 04, 2008

Sainik School News

Firstly, I want to draw the attention of the readers of this blog to a very thought provoking article titled " Rediscover the Sainik School" written by M.P.Anil Kumar who happens to be an ex- Indian Air Force pilot. This article can be read at http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/jan/25anil.htm . You can access it by clicking on this link. The article is about the alarming shortage of officers in the defence forces and lists some practical suggestions to overcome this problem, including the need to nurture the sainik schools and military schools. Do not bother to read the comments at the end of the article as a majority of the 84 comments posted are not worth a read.

Secondly, I am happy to post here that the Old Boys Association of my 'Alma Mater' - UP Sainik School, Lucknow have revived their website and are doing a great job. The website can be viewed at http://www.upsainian.in/ . I have given a link to this site on the right side toolbar of the blog page also. Upsainians are urged to view the website regularly !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Capt Bist
FIRST OF ALL 'HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU'

Yr blog is worth reading and it is good presentation. I would like to details of all the ex cadets you have come across with their latest occupation and posting and contact information for updating the old boys' records.

About myself I am Anil Sood from 1962 batch school no 153 and hail from Lucknow. Presently I am stationed at Faridabad.

I have few points to make about old boys' association which I shall spell out after getting response from you.

Capt N.S.Bisht said...

Sir,
Please send me your e-mail ID at nandanbisht@gmail.com so that we may correspond further.
Regards
Nandan