Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Monday, June 01, 2009

Wheels - at last !!

I got my driving licence on 16 May (exactly 5 months after I landed here !) and today I got my brand new 2009 'Diamond White' Auto Transmission Toyota Camry GLX . My colleagues informed me that the norm here was to take the vehicle to the Krishna temple for 'puja' straight from the showroom and then only think of gallivanting around. Being the team player that I am, that is just what I did and rounded up the day with hogging sweets from Muscat Bakery.
In an earlier post I had mentioned that one is 'dead' without a vehicle in Oman - so I am born again and life starts NOW ! Following are some pics shot at the temple (click on the photo to enlarge) :
Panditji applying the 'tilak'
Start of the 'puja'
This is the car folks !
About to crush the 'lime'.
Yours truly at the wheel.
PS. Driving an automatic transmission car takes some getting used to and that too in a left hand drive vehicle. My left foot was searching for the non-existent clutch at times !!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sir! That is yet another milestone!!! There you are, a proud owner of a CAMRY....an appropriate vehicle in the right hands....after the long innings in Fouj and RBI!

Best Regards

Srinath

Yogesh Dayal said...

Bishtji,

Congratulations on being born again! I keenly follow your blog and it makes for interesting reading. Good to know that Indian traditions are followed in other places also.

Regards,

Yogesh Dayal
Bangalore

Capt N.S.Bisht said...

Thanks a lot Shrinath. Mr Yogesh, what a pleasant surprise seeing your comment on my blog. Religious freedom is available in Oman unlike some other countries. There is a catholic church right opposite the Krishna temple and there is another temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in Muscat. Thanks a lot.

Aimol said...

Dear Sir,

Congratulations on the arrival of camry....
Camry is really sexy....
Happy riding...

Regards,
Aimol

Capt N.S.Bisht said...

Thanx Aimol.

GPS said...

Cool ride Pa!!!

Capt N.S.Bisht said...

Hi Betu,
Yeah, the ride is real cool. Its a fab car with some amazing features. You'll see that when you land here. Ciao !!

Unknown said...

Dear Sir,
Congrats. Karma has finally led you to your destiny. Enjoy the moments and enjoy the highs of being in a camry.

Jai Ho

regards
Capt Neeraj