Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bramleigh Towers !

Folks,
Dont be confused by the title of this post. Bramleigh Towers Cambridge Academy was the name of the school I attended at Mussoorie from 1963 to 1968. Upto the year 1965 it was known as Rock Cliff Academy (being literally amongst 'rocks' and 'cliffs', just below the 'Gun Hill'). In the year 1965 the school shifted to a sprawling campus near Vincent Hill at the other end of Mussoorie and the name was changed to Bramleigh Towers. The motto of the school was 'From Peak to Peak' - no pun intended, but we did move from peak to peak literally (from Gun Hill to Vincent Hill). The mere fact that I had mentioned the name of my first school in my profile on this blog resulted in me getting in touch with four people who were part of the same school. It was fantastic getting to know my illustrious schoolmates all over again after more than four decades. As of now 5 of us are in touch thanks to the 'Bramleigh' connection.
The following photograph of the picturesque school campus was recently forwarded to me by the famous Mr Ankur Gupta (more about him in a subsequent post !) :
P S. Cant describe the feeling when I saw this photo - nostalgia, travelling back in time, deja vu.... myriad thoughts - remembering faces, thoughts, events, pranks et all. Who says time travel is not possible ??

No comments: