Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Saturday, March 17, 2018

40 and Counting !

Today I have reached a milestone of sorts - having completed 40 years of service. I started my career on 18 March 1978 when I passed out as a commissioned officer from the Officers Training School, Madras (OTS as it was then known) as part of the 25th Short Service Commission course (shorty silver course).  I was posted as a 2/Lt in the 6th Battalion the 8 Gorkha Rifles (6/8 GR). Yeah, those days Gentlemen Cadets used to pass out as second lieutenants with Rs 750/- basic pay which was more than enough.

Having served in the Army for more than 10 years, the next 20 plus years were spent at Walchandnagar Industries Ltd and the Reserve Bank of India (the latter is where I served for nearly 19 years). This is my 10th year at Saud Bahwan Group, Muscat, which I joined in December 2008. The going is good and I am still at it with God's grace and good wishes of friends and family.

I think celebrations are in order for having reached this milestone and the needful will be done to have a bash tomorrow. Cheers !

No comments: