Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Thursday, April 04, 2019

Motorcycle Story - 2 (HSRP Obtained)

Confused with the title of this post ?? Well, HSRP stands for 'High Security Registration Plate' which is now mandatory instead of the fancy registration number plates which vehicles of yore used to flaunt. Since I had purchased my bike from Delhi and wanted to get it registered in Dehradun, the dealer had arranged a temporary number plate for me which was valid for one month. I had visited RTO office, Dehradun, on 11th March and paid the required registration amount after enquiring about the process to be followed. I would like to mention here that the whole exercise was a pleasant experience and the job was done in a very short time. There was no need to run around in circles and the staff were thoroughly professional and helpful in their approach. I did not see any touts in the vicinity of the office which was very, very surprising ! I recall vividly my earlier brushes with RTOs around the country where nothing would move unless you went through a tout and paid extra money to get the job done.

The same day I received an SMS informing me that my RC was under preparation and I could download the electronic version from the 'mParivahan' mobile app which I promptly did. So I got to know the registration number allotted to me on the same day itself. I had gone to Noida for a short while before Holi, so I could not follow up this issue till 26th March when I visited the RTO again. On enquiring about my RC, I was told that the same would be delivered after affixation of the HSRP. I paid Rs 250/- at the appropriate counter and was told to visit again on the 6th working day to have the number plate fixed. 

On 2nd April, I got my HSRP fitted by the approved contractor and received my RC. The number plate is made of aluminium, has a hologram, a laser etched nine digit code, embossed alphanumeric digits with hot stamped reflective sheeting etc, etc.  I will not dwell upon the utility and quality of the said HSRP over here. HSRP is supposed to have certain benefits besides imparting uniformity. There are a lot of arguments floating around online 'for' and 'against' this topic. I went for it since it is mandatory and the cost is nominal. The total time spent at the RTO office was around half an hour. Hats off to RTO, Dehradun !! 

Following are the pics of the bike with the new registration number :

                                                                   Front HSRP

                                                                    Rear HSRP

No comments: