Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Free Advice - For Old and Weary Horses - Tired of Races Now

Me and my friend Toms have been sharing our views on the question of going for greener pastures in the light of what is happening to our careers in the Bank today. Well, in my opinion I'll say `Dont throw it all away' (reminds me of the old Bee Gees song) For guys from my batch it is a tough decision to make when one can earn FULL pension by serving for another four and a half years. Pension is a good social security measure and our families, friends and relatives will invariably be opposed to any idea about chucking the job at this stage. And I dont blame them for doing so. In case someone has reached a saturation point where he just cannot digest the gross mismatch between the ego vis-a-vis status (in Toms words), the following advice is offerred :
(a) Carefully weigh your options - do you really want to throw it all away (I mean more than 25 years plus of service)
(b) In case you want to take the plunge - the job should be so good that it compensates for 25 years of sweat and grime in just five years or so.
(c) The a/m scenario is only possible if one can land a job abroad which pays around $ 50,000/- per anum or so.

Any more ideas ??
Bisht

No comments: