Contact Info

E-Mail : nandanbisht@gmail.com
Mobile : +91-9910477009

Friday, December 05, 2008

Lungar Gupp L

This happens to be the 50th (and also the last !) post in the ' Lungar Gupp' series. I feel that it would be inappropriate for me to 'Gupp' further as I will cease to be a part of the 'Lungar' soon.

1. Faux Pas. I was in Delhi recently when I happened to read an unflattering article in the HT supplement 'Lutyen's Delhi' dated 29 Nov 2008 (Saturday) regarding the hassles of the common man in getting soiled notes exchanged for clean ones at RBI. The last para was particularly startling. Click on the article to enlarge it :
2. Promotion Fever. It seems that the ball is in motion as regards the promotion interviews for Grade 'B' to 'C' in our cadre is concerned. Capt Sudershan just told me that his particulars have also been called for. Looks like we may have 6 new AGMs (in case the vacancy created by my leaving is also taken into account !). This was the general topic under discussion when I visited the P&S Cell at New Delhi - Col Roy (who was a bit under the weather) was in command.

3. Posting - Lady Officer. A newly recruited lady security officer who was posted to New Delhi has achieved the 'impossible' - she now stands posted to Bangalore and is likely to report on 15 Dec 2008. She managed to convince the powers that be (either you convince me or I will convince you !!) that she should be posted to Bangalore.

Lungar Gupp - RIP !!!

No comments: